The Beauty of Sam Maloof

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimi43

Established Member
Reaction score
I was not working today and had the true pleasure of watching "Art in Progress" on SKY ARTS 1 (CH 243) and was astounded...simply awe struck.

Just look at this and weep....

Sofa-Ad-Main.jpg

...but to watch these things being made was an experience which will stay with me for a long long time!

MORE

Catch the repeat if you can....

Jim

have just put it on record myself, its on saturday at 8.30am channel 243 for those that missed it.

Have seen a couple of programmes on Sam Maloof and as i admire his work.

His chairs are wonderful, although his other work does not particularly appeal to me.

Jim

yetloh":svmpo8ux said:
His chairs are wonderful, although his other work does not particularly appeal to me.

Jim

Thanks Beardo....I will put a reminder on DigiGuide.

Yes Jim....he has some quirky stuff but his house was stunning. He had to have it moved piece by piece to avoid a motorway built next to it...they paid to do it!

His techniques are worth watching although he has a very brash view of health and safety...when you watch it...close your eyes when he starts to use the bandsaw! :shock:

Jim

It's amazing how he managed to reach such a ripe old age with all his fingers intact.

Jim

Hi, Chaps

They have some good stuff on Sky Arts, I watched the architecture series recently, that was good apart from only covering half of Frank Lloyd Wrights life.

Pete

He produced some wonderful organic stuff but I couldn't be bothered with all that tedious rasping and sanding. Too much like hard work, but I'm glad he did it!

Latest posts

Back