The Ashes returning Home

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Ward

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

As you may know, tonight means there is only one sleep left before the Ashes series commences in Brisbane. the weather is predicted to be reasonable mild - 25~30 c, fine, a green wicket (owing to recent rain) and of course an Australian win.

It is good to see so many of English supporters coming to God's Country, downUnder!

Paul Chapman":3h9qi146 said:
Tony Ward":3h9qi146 said:
and of course an Australian win.

They probably said that last time :lol: :lol:
S'okay, we let them have the first one last time, that's probably what he means... :wink:

Welcome to the forum, Tony. Can't work out if you're insanely brave or just suicidal. :wink: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":vadfutui said:
Paul Chapman":vadfutui said:
Tony Ward":vadfutui said:
and of course an Australian win.

They probably said that last time :lol: :lol:
S'okay, we let them have the first one last time, that's probably what he means... :wink:

Welcome to the forum, Tony. Can't work out if you're insanely brave or just suicidal. :wink: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Me thinks suicidal :shock: :wink:

As a pom that doesnt fit in here i just hope England take the ASHES home with them. Fed up hering how Aussies are the best sportsmen in the world. Seeing it cost the taxpayers a fortune in there training.

Guy,
As a Pom who spent a few years in Oz a long tome ago I have to agree that when an Australian gets on the playing field he / she usually is the best in world. I never could fathom how an Aussie could be the most likeable, laid back, friendly, funny, caring bloke off the field, but once he crosses that white line he turns into a demented ogre :) :)

All the above doesn't mean they are getting the Ashes back 'tho :wink:

Australia 1st Innings - 337 for 3 (84.4 overs)

That's not very good for England, is it?

Cheers
Neil (who obviously doesn't follow cricket)

Neil,
it's a marathon not a sprint. Tis a game of 5 halves anything can happen.

Andy, trying to look on the bright side.

Australia 1st Innings - 337 for 3 (84.4 overs)

Sigh it looks like the Aussies have got us beat, I guess they should kick back now, have some celebratory beers and relax, after all England can't possibly win can they :)

Dennis

OK so the 1st coupla days did not go our way. Watch out tomorrow the wheelie bin is due a big score!

Andy, clutching at straws in cloud cuckoo land.

Back