Teknatool Offshore Production

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudman

Established Member
Reaction score
Trying to stay in one piece in South Wales
Not sure if this is a warning or not, but this pagefrom Teknatool's website indicates that they are offshoring production to China.
With my experiences of Chinese manufactured goods I don't think this bodes well for their products.

I did have the Nova on my list of possible lathe upgrades, it is now firmly off the list. I also doubt if I'll bother buying anymore jaws for my chuck.

I shall also be sending them an e-mail tonight to let them know what I think and the reasons why.

Hi Barry, I agree in principle with what you are saying, but if you already have a pre-China Nova chuck I don't think they can do much wrong with jaw sets. If you need them I would still buy them. As the the actual chuck, and the DVR lathe, I think I would be looking else where.

I have owned a Nova 3000 for about 6-7 years now and it has never let me down. I don't think I will be replacing it soon. I also own 2 S-Nova chucks and they work great, again no problems, so won't be replacing then either. If I needed a spare set of jaws I wouldn't hesitate to buy. Don't think the new manufacturers can mess them up much.

Mind you, if I was looking for a outfit now, I think I would hesitate to buy Technatool stuff if it is made in China. I would be concerned on the possible problem of spares if ever needed.

Paul.J":39r0qfp6 said:
Barry.
If your looking for a British made chuck i would have a look at the Sorby Patriot chuck.
Paul.J.

Patriot chucks are identical and interchangeable to the supanova according to the Sorby reps at Yandles a few weeks ago. Jaws should fit the Supanova as well.

Pete

Back