Teak

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers fellahs, at the moment I'm continuing my research into beer so I'll check later. (When I can see straight!)

Roy.

Now hedge wood be good,its hard as a rock,dulls saws real fast and around here at least it last a real long time as fence post or carveing mallets.I knew a guy that had a 3 ft hedge tree we cut square for him to use as a bench...wow was it ever heavy.

Roy,

For "teak" - ie it ain't teak.

Find a windows replacement outfit and ask to rummage in their skip.
If they are like mine, they will welcome you!!

Lots of resawing and 50%+ waste but its free :lol: :lol: :lol:

I get tons of the stuff and the waste runs my lounge fire all winter

Again, my friend, nowt like that round here I'm afraid! :lol:

Roy.

Why not try oak - it can be reasonably durable - easily obtainable and much cheaper.

Rod

Hi,
DSC_0005.jpg

That would have been about £700 if I went out and bought it, use Iroko no one will know once it fades.

Pete

Drool! Drool! Drool!!
Is it just me that I hate seeing trees felled although I know I am one of the causes for it being felled.
Is it me or do any others spend ages just admiring timber and searching for the 'perfect' piece?
Or is it just me?

Roy.

That would have been about £700 if I went out and bought it, use Iroko no one will know once it fades.

Is that why you are having to keep it in the hall @ £700 :)

We've got plenty of Iroko in stock, and Sapele to boot. We were having a root around in the trade today for some Teak, I think the best you can get these days is Burmese Teak... if your still stuck for some drop me an e-mail with your requirements and I'll see what I can do :)

Cheers Stig. I'm gonna check my local yard as I haven't visited one in years and I'm actually looking forward to it. When the sky stops leaking.

Roy.

We've avoided the rain so far but with my weeks holiday only days away I get the feeling that we could be in for a soaking...

Well the South of France can still be nice at this time of year... I think next week its suppose to get down to 17 degrees at night, lol.

i got 4 units to make in teak for a place in hereford. got all the teak windybanks from box nr bath had in stock so may be lookin for some more shortly.

customer specified it so no cheating :(

frank":10k4h9nt said:
roy reclaim yards will cost more than the timber yards,i was quoted £40 a square yard plus vat for pitch pine floor boards.that was in north wales,phone your local timber yards for a quote. hth frank
OK, I know you <can> get stung by the posh reclamation yards, but the ones round Hereford certainly used to be sensible. And you can always walk away if they are silly.

True. I always work on the basis that I can go elsewhere. Just as soon as I can find the time! :lol:

Roy.

Back