Taxed for using the internet?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
Hot off the press.

Gordon Brown is contemplating a tax on persons who use the internet from their homes.

Of course they can trace us! I wonder how long it will be before we have to buy a licence for a PC?

:cry:

To be honest, I am surprised it's taken them so long to come up with this one! Unless of course, they were waiting for us to get used to the idea that we really can't get by without the net?
:cry: :wink:

This makes perfect sense. Announce that every home will be connected to the internet by 20xx and quietly drop in a tax to pay the inflated salaries of a few friends sitting on a quango that will make no difference to the problem it is trying to solve.

I'd mention the dreaded 'conspiracy' word again..
but apparently doing that is considered 'facile' :wink: :roll:

couldn't be eh ? .. a government, ... conspiring against its population ? how could that happen ?
" Case Closed " :D :D

What a load of cr@p, why should I have to pay more than I already do for a service which is nowhere near as good as it should be compared to other countries??

Oh yeah wait a minute we are in the uk arent we...

Jenx":cfjvtjlg said:
[/size]

:lol:

Only in some eyes Jenx. Personally I find your conspiracy theories largely amusing, but sometimes thought provoking.

Cheers

Karl

This government are so desperate for cash that are prepared to tax anything they possibly can.

It's not enough that we have to pay VAT on our ISP bills. They will stick some kind of levy internet use, and then charge VAT on top of that!!

The sooner this bunch of brain-dead parasites are consigned to the dustbin of history, the better.

I would expect it to come and be something like a TV license charge.

I suppose you can expect some charge if a government starts getting involved with any computer supervision/advancement or whatever you call it.

What a wonderful idea :lol: it fits so well with the notion of broadband access for all.
Obviously he meant all the shirkers, asylum seekers and career ponces
get free broadband while we pay for it.
I can see it being even more popular than the TV licence has become,
wait a minute :idea: I have some discomfort in my lower abdomen I
may well be due a visit to the office to sort some paperwork!
The only question is should having a s**t be taxed by length or weight?

karl":23tpl0a9 said:
Jenx":23tpl0a9 said:
[/size]

:lol:

Only in some eyes Jenx. Personally I find your conspiracy theories largely amusing, but sometimes thought provoking.

Cheers

Karl

Good Lad, Karl ... :wink:
If anything I write down raises either a smile or provokes a thought, then that has to be a good thing :D
As long as one is neither offensive, vindictive or intolerant, then the fun and purpose of being here is absolutely achieved.
8) :D 8) :D

devonwoody":39x5hyw4 said:
A suit should be taxed by quality content. :)

I think suits are already taxed at 15% (VAT) . Mind you that won't stop Brown's bunch of dead-whacks from putting another tax on them! :D

Jenx":2bkubc85 said:

If you are going to take offence, at least be fair - that word was used in an instance where your one and only piece of evidence for the existence of a so-called conspiracy was the fact that a share price in a very volatile market moved sharply. And that was it. It was both a pretty facile conspiracy theory, and a pretty facile analysis of the reason for the price movement.

Most conspiracy theories are less facile than that - some aren't facile at all, and some (much fewer than conspiracy theory fans would like) are no doubt true (at least in part).

Jake":tw7zfown said:

Most conspiracy theories are less facile than that - some aren't facile at all, and some (much fewer than conspiracy theory fans would like) are no doubt true (at least in part).

Which ones? Which ones? We demand to know. The people have a right.

Back