• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Tally Ho

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

AFFF

Established Member
Reaction score
For those of you that have not seen this YouTube series I thoroughly recommend you watch. A story of a Brit shipwright restoring a 110 year old yacht on the west coast of the USA. Awesome woodworking skills ....

Distinterior

Established Member
Reaction score
It's my usual Sunday morning treat with a cup of coffee as Leo uploads the bi-weekly video on a Saturday evening our time.
I've not missed an episode yet...! Well worth a watch, even if you aren't into boats. 👍

Jameshow

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting video

How much did he end up replacing?

One if the few larger Albert strange designs.

Most were canoe yawls.

Cheers James

AFFF

Established Member
Reaction score
Laying in a new keel stem to stern on an existing boat ... Most people would have just given up and torched it! Interesting couple of episodes on lofting (old style) I think he could have done a quicker and probably more accurate job with some CAD software, but Leo is definitely a bit of a traditionalist

sneggysteve

Established Member
Reaction score
For those of you that have not seen this YouTube series I thoroughly recommend you watch. A story of a Brit shipwright restoring a 110 year old yacht on the west coast of the USA. Awesome woodworking skills ....
Really appreciate you posting this - so interesting

OxonTurner

Established Member
Reaction score
Started watching a couple of months ago, takes a while to catch up but well worth it. Went to see Pellow as just up the road but already in water.

AFFF

Established Member
Reaction score
One of the interesting "discoveries" for me was live oak. Never heard of this species. What a shame we can't seem to get hold of any here in the UK. Fantastic properties that would make it ideal for furniture work

thetyreman

Established Member
Reaction score
it'll be interesting to see how his legal challenges pan out, I think what he's done so far is amazing, and arguably an improvement on the original boat, shame about the neighbour and council who want to end the project.

Jameshow

Established Member
Reaction score
What are his legal challenges?

Someone wants him out?

Visa issues??

Cheers James

thetyreman

Established Member
Reaction score
What are his legal challenges?

Someone wants him out?

Visa issues??

Cheers James
a neighbour has complained about the noise, local county want to try and shut down the project or force him out, it was in the latest video if you need more info about it.

Latest posts