Taking Photos of my work

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danmac

Reaction score
Am I in need of counselling or do many other take photos of their work, especially those e.g. lovely mortice & tenons that will be hidden for all eternity when the project is complete? My wife thinks I'm turning a bit odd in this respect!! :?

I think it's also because nowadays it's so easy to take photos with phones, PDAs and even cameras with massive memory capacity, you do tend to get abit trigger happy.

I photograph everything, but then I always have an eye on selling the article later, so a wide selection of photos always helps!

Adam

No Dan there is nothing wrong with you photographing your work, it is completely normal. As for me I am completely sad and my wife thinks I AM abnormal as I take these shots:
myfamilypostms3.jpg

Adam,Philly & Mailee

thank god- counselling is so expensive these days and if you know any counsellors/Pyschs (a few chums are in this line of work) I think I would avoid it for a while.

Mailee- I have seen the promised land- are they really all yours or did you get a few mates to lend you these? As an amatuer I had to just sit and soak that photo up for a while-nearly had to get a glass of beer +/- a glass of wine. You 've seen those people in the art gallery trying to make sense of some abstract form whilst supping a glass-well thats me with your photos only I can see the obvious beauty. :shock:

Dan

Every solution should be as simple as possible - but no simpler

Dan. err I mean Einstein

actually -got that out of Woodworking magazine (the american one no ads etc and very cerebral if you are in the mood for cerebral WW).

Well Dan I have to admit they are all mine! :shock: With the addition of another Hitachi M12V since the picture. :oops: According to SWMBO I do need a helpline Kevin. :lol:

Mailee

whoever said it was 'wrong to feed an addiction' was obviously not a router addict of which I am proud to admit to also.
Except the photo of my collection would only show the puny Makita 3620 (pigmy of the router world but flippin brilliant machine). Do love using planes/chisels but routers are up there on my list of favourite things ever.

Dan

A psychiatrist once told me I was perfectly normal. A 'friend' said he must be mad! :lol:

Roy.

Dan Tovey":1xyrqyvt said:
What's so odd about Mailee's photo?

Doesn't everyone have at least eight routers? I've got ten.

How people manage with only three or four I just don't know!

:lol:

Didin't you know that the router bits come out and you dont have to have a machine for each bit.

Didin't you know that the router bits come out and you dont have to have a machine for each bit.[/quote]

Do they really? Well I never. :oops: :lol: :lol:

devonwoody":1tszy9fc said:
Dan Tovey":1tszy9fc said:

Didin't you know that the router bits come out and you dont have to have a machine for each bit.

:D :D :D :D :D

Dan Tovey":1egen4wp said:

Dan - some of us have a problem with planes as well:

klfkljcjdksejc.jpg

.......not all of these are mine, I hasten to add :oops: - Rob

I take lots of pics and I LONG AGO stopped worrying about what my lovely wife thinks about it, my hobby, my way of doing it :D

Take a look at my homepage, TONS of pics, not so much text, I'd rather look at a pic of something with a bit of text than no pics and a bloody novel in explanations........ :wink:

Thank goodness for pics, I learn so much from seeing other's workshops and methods.

Cheers!

devonwoody":3ixekgod said:
Dan Tovey":3ixekgod said:

I knew that!

It does make life easier not to mess around changing cutters, though!

Latest posts

Back