Table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRIAN L

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there can anybody recommend a small acurate table saw to be used for cutting corian pen blanks.

All the Best Brian

Hi Woody
I cut on a bandsaw the same as you ,but I want to do some segmented ones . The bandsaw is not good enough for what I want.
Cheers Brian.

Look for a small 3 wheel bandsaw - put a Tuffsaw blade in it - job done. You see them go for £10 - £20.

I've just seen the intervening post - I would have thought that on that scale a bandsaw would be as accurate, if not more so. I assume that's what you meant by "good enough"?

Woody
Thanks for the reply. When cutting using the bandsaw the finish is not good enough also I don't want gaps when joining together the many pieces.

Cheers Brian

Hi Brian Any table saw will do, the only thing is you will need to make a mitre jig for the angle you need that slides in the mitre slot. Next you need a negative rake saw blade similar to the blade used to cut perspex,plastics and acrylics. You could also try the blade used in a Festo Saw only thing that could be a problem is the arbor size. The amount of teeth on the blade is important the min on a 10'' would be around 80 plus, the small festo blade I use is 150mm dia 56 teeth and sharp as with all tools is important. Regards Roger C

PS The axminster looks like a good buy

Hello Brian,

I think you would do better to use your existing band-saw and finish the pieces on good quality disc sander.

With a sliding table jig to get as close to the disc as possible you'll get as much accuracy as you want.

John. B

If you are not getting a good finish on the bandsaw you may need to change the blade for something with a finer cut, I have cut corian and acrylics with an extremely fine finish more than good enough for segmenting without gaps showing.

Regards
Peter

John.b
My eye sight is not good even with glasses, I assumed a table saw would give me the acuracey needed without a lot of work so going to do a lot more research.
Many thanks Brian L

Peter
I am using a tuffsaw blade Ian recommends for corian but thought the finish a bit poor may be a bit picky .will glue some up and try it.
Many thanks Brian L

BRIAN L":w8fxz1ij said:
Peter
I am using a tuffsaw blade Ian recommends for corian but thought the finish a bit poor may be a bit picky .will glue some up and try it.
Many thanks Brian L

Have you tried pushing it through slower and or faster? I have cut a piece of corian just to be sure and yes it is as I remember the finish is more than adequate for segmenting.

Do you get a good finish with wood?

Regards
Peter

Back