Table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gedereco

Established Member
Reaction score
I''ve got a fox 200mm table saw and wondered if anyone else has this type as i want to get a different arbor so it will take dado blades. :?: . Does fox do this or will i need to get one machined. what r they like to get spares . Any help would be appreciated. :roll:

oh no... he said "dado".

I doubt very much whether you would be able to get a longer arbour, you would have to have one machined. But whats wrong with a router and a straight edge?

I thought you couldn't have a dado on a small table saw in the UK by law.

I might be wrong and Simon is right you could use a router and make an adjustable dado jig like I have.

I've got a router table and straight edges but someone brought me a new set back from the states as present . so i thought i would try to use them

8)

Already have one just got no space to set it up in my new workshop. I thought it would be better to control dust on my tablesaw than on a router .

Also, you won't be able to use a stacked dado set with a braked motor, which your saw is bound to have.

it is 2hp induction motor saw with sliding table it is belt driven which is one of the reasons i bought it :!: It is a lot quiter

gedereco":1yvesnrm said:
it is 2hp induction motor saw with sliding table it is belt driven which is one of the reasons i bought it :!: It is a lot quiter

If the saw is not designed to use a dado set, then you will be risking injury and damage to the machine by attempting to fit one and especially if you try to modify its arbour.

If you don't like hospital food, then use a router.

When I use my Dewalt 626 with dado jig and dust extraction there is hardly any dust at all and surely its easier to keep material still and move a router than to move the material over a tablesaw especially say when you are cutting dadoes into a side of a tall bookcase.

i think you've all got a point it just seems that everyone one on tv even the 2 new british woodworking programs are all using them. i think i'll have a rethink and get a new router with a decent extractor system on .

Latest posts

Back