Table saw without a mitre guage track

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noddy67

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether it is possible to cut a mitre guage track (s) into a table saw top that doesn't already have on and what would be involved in doing this. Is this something that would need to be done professionally and if so where would I go for it?
Many thanks

why not add a new top (laminated mdf) in which you have the required mitre slot.

I think someone on here has done before

It depends on whether the top is thick enough in the area you want the slot. I'm assuming it's cast iron. Typical thickness could be around 1/2" with additional ribbing. A 3/4" x 3/8" slot won't leave much meat on the underside and may seriously weaken the tabletop such that it could break.

If you feel you can get away with machining, it should be a straightforward job for a general machine shop in your area.

In a similar vein I had some mods done to my cast iron router table with no problems. It cost me £30. The chap had to write a piece of code to do circular interpolation to end-mill a 180mm dia recess, so I reckon that was good value.

cheers,

Ike

Latest posts

Back