table saw top

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcjwebb

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all, seen a bit of a mixed response about this subject, but what does everyone do to keep the tops of their tablesaws looking and woking well and smooth ?

kind regards

Marc

Liberon lubricating wax. I should have a lubricating schedule but I don't. Every time I use this stuff it makes me think "why didn't I put that on earlier" especially the thicknesser.

I use this, from Axminster:
600221_xl.jpg

MMUK":31q0zs48 said:
Wurth white wax spray for me. I find it much cheaper than the above mentioned products :)

Do you have a link to this stuff? I did a search and I see similar stuff for 15-20 a can....seems pricey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use Metal Guard from Axi on all my cast iron surfaces Initially after a good degrease with diesel (by far the best and cheapest degreaser IMO) and then Liberon Wax. Once I've coated the machine beds with Metal Guard I apply about once a year there after when the machines are ready for a rewax. Hoping not to temp fate, but never as a consequence have I had rust problems. I use the same method on all my hand tools

I find applying Liberon last thing before shutting up for the night works best as it 'hardens' over night.

If I'm cutting any green wood / high moisture content I always reapply metal guard and wax before letting the stuff near my machines.

I just went to the local supermarket and found the first thing I could find that was non-Silicone.

Came out with "Wood Silk lavender wax". About £1.50

Can't beat the smell of mother-in-law in the workshop!

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Back