Table saw out feed table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In industry, yess, there is a minimum distance behind the blade. 1.2m, IIRC. It's so that a helper, taking stuff off the end, can't lean over and fall onto the blade.
These rules don't apply in the home workshop, but that doesn't mean it's not a good idea not to follow them.
S

Have you gave any thought to changing to a more modern saw which will have a smaller footprint but which has fold down extensions as well as a scoring blade
Wouldnt blame you if you hadn't but there is always that option

Roger

RogerBoyle":1lpjys4j said:
Have you gave any thought to changing to a more modern saw which will have a smaller footprint but which has fold down extensions as well as a scoring blade
Wouldnt blame you if you hadn't but there is always that option

Roger
URRR more modern vs Wadkin. Nope hadn't crossed my mind changing for a machine with a smaller foot print. If I was to change it would be for a saw with a bigger footprint and bigger premises. The Wadkin is such a versatile machine with its sliding carage and the mechanics are amazing.

Hardwood66":1lpjys4j said:
I'm sure I've read done there a legal requirement to have an out feed table

Not sure where a one man band stands with HSE here.

Steve Maskery":1lpjys4j said:
Erm, I thought I had! Obviously not clearly enough! :)
But thanks for the rec. It is, as you say, Brilliant. Unfortunately I can't take the credit, I'm pretty sure I saw it years ago in a FWW Readers' Tip. Or somesuch, anyway. Sadly not one of my (otherwise always brilliant) ideas.
:)
S
Steve what DVD would be most useful for the task in hand?

Back