Table saw extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippy1970

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an Elektra bekum TS250 table saw its a great saw but does anyone have any ideas on improving dust collection. It has a 2.5 inch spout at the back connected to the housing around the blade and i have a 4 inch pipe coming from this with a 2" pipe branching off to the crown guard.

When its running there is still an amount of dust under the saw would it make any difference if I put a thin sheet of mdf or ply under the saw to block off the opening. Its the contractor type saw as the yanks say and it sits on a collapsible stand but the underneath is all open. Any ideas welcome.

The only way to improve extraction would be to seal the doors with some draft proofing rubber to force the air to be drawn in from the under the cut. You could also try a second hose behind the blade guides. Bandsaw are difficult to extract well from.

The one I use to own had an open leg stand.
As well as attaching the dust extractor I use to suspend a black bin bag within the leg frame. Four pieces of parcel tape kept it in place.

Andy

Sounds good i've seen bags that you can buy for going under the table saw. I wonder if I just block off the bottom with mdf sheet will that improve the suction above or i've seen these funnel shaped things that go under the base with extract outlet on them so all the loose dust is extracted down as well

If this is the open leg type perhaps you could close the legs in and put a chute box nearer the underside of the blade going down into your extractor.Like,as you say on the American site saws.
Paul.J.

I have a tesco round pop up garden bag that just fits underneath my powercraft TS.
Since I fitted it, apart from catching all that used to endup on the floor I also get better extraction from the rear spout or should that be oriface :D

Jeff.

Sounds good jeff ive just cut a flat peice of mdf sheet and put it under the saw gonna try that see if it improves suction at rear

Also just to let you all know the extraction im using is 100mm flexy pipe reduced at the saw to 60mm and there is a 40mm flexy pipe running from here to the crown guard. Is this ok or should it be 60mm all the way to extractor (Record rsde2)

Back