Table Saw Cabinet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDudester

Established Member
Reaction score
I am going to build a table saw cabinet like the one below (pic 1) for my table saw (pic 2). Main reasons are to utilise the space underneath the saw and to collect as much dust as possible in the top drawer. There is a dust port built into the back of the top drawer for extraction. The bottom drawer can be used for jigs, accessories etc.

Pic 1

IMG_2367.jpg

Pic 2

IMG_2201.jpg

I have viewed a couple of table saws recently where a router table had been added and wondered if anyone had done this. I have a Trend PRT router table that I could replace the extension on the right hand side of the tablle saw. This would obviously extending the cabinet design but would be a good use of space I think.

D

I built a cabinet like that (time life ? ) for my 1st saw. tiz a great idea and the dust collection works well. And all your jigs underneath. I had a drawer for the dust and left it open under for the jigs, blade tools and push sticks etc - easy to get at.

when I built my router table - I found it useful to have it separate and use it as an outfeed table . I guess it depends on you workshop layout and the type of work you do .

Rich

Tusses":2jec8uwn said:
I built a cabinet like that (time life ? ) for my 1st saw. tiz a great idea and the dust collection works well. And all your jigs underneath. I had a drawer for the dust and left it open under for the jigs, blade tools and push sticks etc - easy to get at.

when I built my router table - I found it useful to have it separate and use it as an outfeed table . I guess it depends on you workshop layout and the type of work you do .

Rich

I like the idea of the cabinet so it's good to hear that it worked for you. I will hold off on adding the router table at the moment.

Going to start building it this weekend.

D

I`ve got exactly the same book and plan to replicate what you're about to do.

I`m gonna try to free up the space under my kity and free up the mobile base it sits on.

keep us posted how it comes along

Steve

off topic

TheDudester .... is that the standard rip fence that comes with the record ?

I have one the same, knocking about, that had been added to a saw before I bought it - I wondered what it was off .

Tusses":1xnzxnds said:
off topic

TheDudester .... is that the standard rip fence that comes with the record ?

I have one the same, knocking about, that had been added to a saw before I bought it - I wondered what it was off .

It is the one that came with the saw

D

LarryS added a router table to the right-hand extension of his Axminster table saw not long ago. Looks like you'll need to make some allowance for the rise-and-fall handle and dust extraction port on the Record saw though.

OPJ":8lwczce8 said:
LarryS added a router table to the right-hand extension of his Axminster table saw not long ago. Looks like you'll need to make some allowance for the rise-and-fall handle and dust extraction port on the Record saw though.

Thanks for link, great thread.

Even with the cabinet I intend to build, the dust extraction port will be routed via the back of the top drawer, untilising (I hope) the fittings I already have.

D

Back