Table saw advise wanted Sip 01332 Cast Iron 10" Table Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamman1701

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I am putting together a woodwork shop in my garage and I would like some advise on table saws, in particular the Sip 01332 Cast Iron 10" Table Saw. Other recommendations would also be appreciated as I'm in the research phase for this saw.

I have some questions about the Sip Table Saw I was hoping owners or people with experience could answer for me.

1 How long is the arbour? or What size dado blade will it hold?

2 What is the quality of the fence and miter gauge like? Is it solid?

3 Would you recommend this table saw?

4 Is this the best saw in its price range?

Any other suggestions, tips and advise would be greatly appreciated

Regards

John

Hello & welcome John

I've used this saw in a friend's workshop before and was pretty impressed with it, seemed pretty solid & accurate which is obviously something you will reap some benefit from. If I was buying again it would likely be one on my shortlist along with the TS200 (which I did have for 1.5yrs - a very good saw for the money, the TS250 has since come out and there also might be a new improved model 200 coming out next year) and the AW10BS from Axminster. I would never consider a table saw with a brush motor, would always go for induction and a cast iron top.

Don't overlook the used table saws on ebay and such sites - some good ones do pop up every so often and if you are near to them then even better. My current saw came from ebay and is much better than what I could have bought new.

There is no facility for a dado to be fitted on the SIP or virtually any other new saw on the market today, its only the ones made years ago that you could do that to and even then its a bit of a pain to set up exactly as needed so you would be better off with a router and a dado jig for that type of work.

There are many other threads on table saw buying on the forum which give some good advice so you may want to do a quick search for these.

Hope this helps

jamman1701":1mfhrjqg said:
Hey everyone!

I am putting together a woodwork shop in my garage and I would like some advise on table saws, in particular the Sip 01332 Cast Iron 10" Table Saw. Other recommendations would also be appreciated as I'm in the research phase for this saw.

I have some questions about the Sip Table Saw I was hoping owners or people with experience could answer for me.

1 How long is the arbour? or What size dado blade will it hold? None

2 What is the quality of the fence and miter gauge like? Is it solid? Fence is very solid, comes with a micro adjust as standard, Mitre Gauge I have is also quite good (but not sure it is what would have come with the saw as I bought mine second hand).
3 Would you recommend this table saw? Definitely, if mine was to break I would definitely look for another.4 Is this the best saw in its price range?

Any other suggestions, tips and advise would be greatly appreciated.

Get some help to move and install it. It's very heavy.
Arbour is only 25mm so you will need inserts to use a blade with a standard 30mm hole.
It is very unstable with the wheel kit on and both extension tables on one side.
With both extension tables on one side it can be easily tipped, I cut a length of 3/4 ply to make a support to fit under the extension tables to stop this.
I fitted a Wixey Digital Scale to the fence, works great and allows very precise measurements.
I made a replacement riving knife out of 2.5mm brass sheet which is shorter than the standard one that then allows the use of my Tennoning Jig and Cross cut Table.
I replaced the blade with a Freud Pro 250mm 40 Tooth combination blade, very nice replacement.

Regards

John

Hope that helps, you could do a lot worse than the SIP.

I have the 12" version and think it is a brilliant saw. I have the extension tables on each side of the blade so no over balance problem. as has been said fit a good blade on it as the supplied ones are pants. The fence locks solid and the mitre fence is adequate. :wink:

Back