Table Saw advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That roof is now much bigger, we have extended it twice since that photo was taken.

There is no traditionally cut mortice and tennons.....I generally made the beams up with the joints built in.

Gosh, yes rain......when it does come I get depressed....

I am looking at Holzkraft contractor saw.... do you know these guys? The saw is exactly like the scheppach Structo 5 BKS 500 Construction circular saw

It looks perfect for ripping rough sawn timber and doing big crosscuts, with the right blade im sure I can turn a few hardwood and 100 year old pieces of Cyprus into boards... whats your thoughts? Im assuming this is not accurate enough for joinery. Im therefore considering an 2nd hand contractors saw like Makita 2708 or Draper its 250a do you know either of these machines and could they be upgraded into an accurate little shop saw?

Id team this up with a more expensive planner thicknesser to get a good finish

I am looking at Holzkraft contractor saw.... do you know these guys? The saw is exactly like the scheppach Structo 5 BKS 500 Construction circular saw

It looks perfect for ripping rough sawn timber and doing big crosscuts, with the right blade im sure I can turn a few hardwood and 100 year old pieces of Cyprus into boards... whats your thoughts? Im assuming this is not accurate enough for joinery. Im therefore considering an 2nd hand contractors saw like Makita 2708 or Draper its 250a do you know either of these machines and could they be upgraded into an accurate little shop saw?

Id team this up with a more expensive planner thicknesser to get a good finish

I dont know anything about Holzraft, looks like a rebadged Asian, It states its 4kw which is good......but I dont know if 4kw is big-enough for a 500mm blade. I have a 4kw Felder kf700 and its at its max cutting 52mm thick hardwood with a 300mm blade.
Ive used many different contractor saws and Ive personally found them frustrating, especially there crosscut sleds![/QUOTE]

Many thanks im really struggling to combine portability with accuracy and cutting capability.... this must be an age old problem thats new to me. There are Hybrids available between 1000 and 1500 euros (Jet, Holzstar, Scheppach, SIG etc) but either the depth of cut is small, power low or not very portable. All Chinese made I think. The Americans seem to have more of these cast iron bed with aluminium winged contractors saws than we do in the uk... Not much between Site and workshop here.

The Felders a multi tool, looks a great bit of kit we had something similar when i was running shop fitting projects. Nice one.

Back