Table height of planer/thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewart

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Plan to get round to making a mobile base for my p/t this weekend. I got it without a stand and it's been on the base of a defunct table saw for a while. I have a feeling that this has been a bit high and that it would be better to make a base which lowers the table height. What's a rule of thumb height for this? Is there one? At the moment the table height is about 105cm or 41 1/4".
Looking forward to some guidance!

Whatevers comfortable for you?

Or whatever height matches anything else that you have in the workshop that you could press into being either an additional infeed or outfeed table?

My fox planer stands about 33" off the ground which is fine for the top but perhaps a little low for the thickneser

Thanks for the measurement, Tintin - it confirms what I'd thought about my table being a bit high.

Roger, nice idea about dual usage! I'll try to work it in to my overall design.

Hi Stewart,

I am just looking at making a stand for my planer thicknesser.
Would be interested in your approach.
Any chance of a pic?

John

Hi John
I don't have a picture yet but I'll try to get one done tomorrow.
Best wishes
Stewart

If the thicknesser outlet is low it means timber coming out at the far end can sometimes clash with other items in the workshop, also you might be tempted to bend down and look up the shute if some timber has jammed with unfortunate surprises.

Back