T9 Boeshield ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Very tempted to buy a canister, anyone here use the stuff and can they recommend?

boeshield.jpg

Attachments

• boeshield.jpg
    boeshield.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,442
I ordered one last night. Seemed like good value with an additional 12% off the price quoted. I googled around and it seems to be good stuff to protect CI goods.

Mine arrived last week, and sprayed a layer on yesterday, two hours later it still had not dried.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

What did you think of yours RogerM?

What it looked like before wiping off.

10w.jpg

Attachments

• 10w.jpg
    10w.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 1,274
Hmmm, we use this a lot in the marine world for coating exposed parts and preventing corrosion - which is what its for. As for using it as a machine wax, I don't think its the right product. For a start it will never dry - its not meant to after all, a thin waxy film that excludes water is the purpose. I'm also not sure how it will affect finishes - I suspect badly.

One product I will try on my tablesaw when I return is Collinites insulating wax - the deck boys use it for polishing onto stainless (its not itself a polish but fills the crevices of the metal and leaves a super slick finish) but I'll have to check it doesn't have any silicones in it first.

You might not realise it, but this thread is 8 years old.
its not a very good product for cast iron machines, what do you want to use it for?

Back