T nut for Altendorf slider

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jitter

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi. Does anyone know where I can find an exact T nut to fit an Altendorf WA80 slider T track?

Attachments

• 1ABCB182-2BB0-4456-9F97-9D917E8950A0.jpeg
    1ABCB182-2BB0-4456-9F97-9D917E8950A0.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
What are the dimensions of the slot? I'm in the process of helping clear out a warehouse in Mannheim and we are tossing tons of new Altendorf and Martin components in the recycling bin. I've seen dozens of the T-nuts, bars, and clamps.

What are the dimensions of the slot? I'm in the process of helping clear out a warehouse in Mannheim and we are tossing tons of new Altendorf and Martin components in the recycling bin. I've seen dozens of the T-nuts, bars, and clamps.
I am not sure the dimensions, I was hoping to get the information from the manual but can’t seem to find any.

I’m locked out the workshop until Monday morning but I could measure it then…

As far as I know, the design of the slider has stayed the same. Maybe another Altendorf owner may know the dimensions of the T slot, if not, I will measure on Monday morning.

I’m looking for clamps too 😀 the Altendorf ones in the U.K. are over £300 each and I need 2. Because I’m a bit rooked after buying and installing the saw, I have ordered a couple of Kreg clamps which I can adapt to use in the meantime, this is why I could do with the T nuts. Even if I had one, I could have it replicated by an engineer.

I'll resume clearing the warehouse on Monday, so if anyone can provide the dimensions, I'm happy to look for a suitable fit. One large skip has already gone to the recycler with several tons of metal, some of which was old stock for Martin, Altendorf, and Homag machines.

I'll resume clearing the warehouse on Monday, so if anyone can provide the dimensions, I'm happy to look for a suitable fit. One large skip has already gone to the recycler with several tons of metal, some of which was old stock for Martin, Altendorf, and Homag machines.
Thanks Mike. I will if I can get access to the workshop today. Sometimes is possible if there is someone around to let me in. This way I might be able to get it measured today.

Hi Mike. I have not managed to get to the saw to measure this weekend unfortunately. I’ll measure first thing in the morning and post it up here. I’m not sure if will be too late but is the best I can do.
I don’t know why there seems to be no info online at all on this, it is frustrating, I thought it would be easy to find out. Altendorf seem to have various components in their catalog that attach to the slot, clamps etc but don’t seem to let on how they are attached nor seem to advertise or sell T nuts or other parts that fit the slot separately from those components. I guess people just have to make up or find their own parts.
Thanks

Hi

I am also looking for some nuts for the t track.

Mine is a 1989 tkr45 and the dimensions are 31mm x 7mm

Are you still clearing out the warehouse @MikeK

Thanks

MIke.... how is it u get all the best jobs.....lol....
Being retired with plenty of free time helps. The warehouse is part of the store where I bought my SCM saw and P/T, as well as all of my Festool equipment. The manager of the family business treated me very well on the pricing, so I'm returning the favour.

2 x duplex fences please ................................. :):)

ohhh and electric sliding fence, stop start add on to bed end.

2 x duplex fences please ................................. :):)

ohhh and electric sliding fence, stop start add on to bed end.
You should have seen the new parts we tossed in the metal scrap containers during the early days of clearing out the warehouse. I know there was at least one complete duplex fence, two outriggers with fences and stops, and two or three sleds. These were for older Martin and Altendorf saws and no one wanted them during the liquidation auction.

One of the items that I rescued was this telescoping mitre fence for my SCM SC2C saw. The fence was lost under some shelving and had likely been there for at least ten years. It has the original style of spring tab stops instead of the newer flip style and was destined for the scrap bin. I still haven't cleaned off the dust or found out where the black bushing goes.

Miter-Fence.jpg

You should have seen the new parts we tossed in the metal scrap containers during the early days of clearing out the warehouse. I know there was at least one complete duplex fence, two outriggers with fences and stops, and two or three sleds. These were for older Martin and Altendorf saws and no one wanted them during the liquidation auction.

One of the items that I rescued was this telescoping mitre fence for my SCM SC2C saw. The fence was lost under some shelving and had likely been there for at least ten years. It has the original style of spring tab stops instead of the newer flip style and was destined for the scrap bin. I still haven't cleaned off the dust or found out where the black bushing goes.

View attachment 147155
Dam that is frustrating, just got my hands on a TKR 45 build in 1990! Its a beast but the old accessories might have fit it!

Going back to the T-slot debate, I ended up buying some flat alu bar that fits relatively tightly into the slot.

I've used round headed coach bolts for years. Choose ones where the square bit is a reasonable fit in the top of the slot and file equal flats on either side of the round head to fit the T. Gives a reasonable load distribution on the the slot providing you don't go full blown Hulk when tightening.

Made these for my old rotary table:

Attachments

• 16745471038058762781938530768602.jpg
    16745471038058762781938530768602.jpg
    1,007.1 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back