Swinging Crib / Cradle - WIP with Pics

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just asked the other day to make a crib for a friends future born so this was really excellent to see thankyou very much!

I love it, and if its okay with you may I pinch some of the design?

How long did it take you roughly?

george

Joints":1x429g6n said:
I was just asked the other day to make a crib for a friends future born so this was really excellent to see thankyou very much!

I love it, and if its okay with you may I pinch some of the design?

How long did it take you roughly?

george
Feel free George, I stole the original design myself and then modified it slightly :D

I have the plans as PDF's if you want me to email them to you just drop me a PM with your email addy ;)

I started the project in the July and finished it in October. I wasn't working non stop on it though, so in total it was probably 25-30 hours. Bear in mind that I am quite new to this game though so everything I did was checked and measured multiple times to ensure no c0ck up's, and even then I still made a few ;)

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark

Just discovered this string and have to say I was blown away by this project - so much so, I got to thinking which of my brood is the most likely to need a crib in the near future.

Forgive an amature, but wht is ABW? It is in the wee small hours I'm typing this so thought patterns not as sharp as my chisels.

Regards
Brit

Hi. I know that this was a long time ago but can you remember where you got the pivot hardware from?

That is very nice Mark!!! Well done, your wife must be super proud of you. Just watch out, she now knows what you can do, soon you will have a list 17 meters long of what she wants done!!!!

nikko59":3i0bhhbf said:
Hi. I know that this was a long time ago but can you remember where you got the pivot hardware from?

Wow this is from a loooong time ago! :)

The pivot was simply a tee nut knocked into the back side of the crib arm (the side that faces the support arm), a machine screw through that from the crib side and passing through a ball race recessed into the support arm and glued in.

I can take a pic for you if you like?

Cheers
Mark

VanTheMainMan":27a9hgdo said:
That is very nice Mark!!! Well done, your wife must be super proud of you. Just watch out, she now knows what you can do, soon you will have a list 17 meters long of what she wants done!!!!

Thanks Van

Yep she was very happy, and so is my daughter (who this was made for and is now 6) as she's now claimed it for all her dolls and teddies!

:D

Cheers
Mark

Back