SWIMBO and her Mobile

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
Got a text from SWIMBO yesterday(she's got the hang of these new fangled communication devices) and I tried to call her back (don't do texting, thumbs don't work fast enough :D ) but her 'fone was switched off
I've tried on numerous occasions to point out to her that the damn thing needs to be left on all the time so that people can contact her.....seeds on stony ground ](*,) I know one other person that I work with whose better half is exactly the same, but I wonder, is it just me and Andy or is anyone else afflicted in this way? - Rob

Yes indeedy, my other halfs phone is there in case she needs to make a call not for other people to call her. That's what I'm for - to take a message.
Cheers Mike

Yep, add me to the list as well. My SWMBO prides herself on how infrequently her mobile phone battery needs charging....... :roll:

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Send her a text or leave a message saying

"Wanted to take you shopping for a new (.......) but couldn't get hold of you, so maybe another day"

Then expect a call back but just ignore it :lol:

Ha ha....count me in.

Mind you, there was an upside. SWMBO was arriving at paddington one evening on the Heathrow Express. I looked up the BA flight arrivals 'real-time' display and worked out what train she would probably be on. Waited but she wasn't on it. Tried calling the mobile. Switched off.

Decision time ....trains arrive every 15 minutes...by the time I walked back to the flat and then back to the station, that would be 10 minutes. So...might as well have a pint in the station bar.

Next train ...same thing happened...

So four pints later!!!! :lol:

Yep - same here too :roll: I've almost given up trying to ring her on it as she never seems to have it handy. (strange but true that the Germans actually call them handies) Her retort is usually 'It's all right for you - you have pockets' The fact that she often wears trousers too doesn't seem to matter.

On a similar note, how many times have you played hunt the mobile - asking everyone to be quiet while phoning it to see if you can hear where it is? I've never had to do it for mine :^o but often seem have to do it to find SWMBO's :wink: I think it was Jasper Carrot who complained about not being able to find cordless phones saying that at least with an ordinary phone it was tied to the wall, which made it harder to misplace. :lol:

Bon weekend!

Steve

Paul Chapman wrote:
Is that the same as hunt the remote control and hunt the car keys
....down the back of the sofa....first place also to look for any loose change that the kids have left behind :D - Rob

woodbloke":q3y0jqkw said:
Paul Chapman wrote:
Is that the same as hunt the remote control and hunt the car keys
....down the back of the sofa....first place also to look for any loose change that the kids have left behind :D

It used to be trouser turn-ups until they went out of fashion :D

Cheers :wink:

Paul

DomValente":98a5q4sq said:
My wife has just asked,if it has occured to any of us that they don't want us to reach them :?
Bingo! I take this to extremes - I refuse to own a mobile at all. :wink:

Talking about lost keys, anyone remember when those key finders were the "in" thing? I can recall spending an awful lot of time going round the house trying to whistle at just the correct pitch to help my dad find his. The only time it ever seemed to work was when he had them right in his hand. #-o

Cheers, Alf

Fair reminds you of the old one about the chap overheard talking on a mobile in the changing room at the golf club." Yes dear, I think you should get the red sofa. What's that? Yes, I know its the most expensive one, but go for it. Well, if you think we will have to get a new carpet as well, just get it. While you're at it, you might as well change the curtains too. OK dear, see you later. Bye."
Sound of mobile being put down followed by the question:" Anyone know who this mobile belongs to?"

Just returned from another, and fruitless, day in the search for salmo salmans. Management insists that I take a phone with me when I go fishing so that I can ring her if I get swept away in the river. I suspect that making a phone call might be the last thing on my mind as the waders fill up with water and the Plimsoll Line sinks beneath the waves, but it is nice to know she cares.

Well thank goodness for this thread! It's not just me then \:D/ My better half has been trying to convince me for ages that it really isn't her fault that she never hears/answers/switches on/charges battery on the blessed thing. Communicating with her isn't helped by the fact that she insists on placing mobile phone at the bottom of her handbag, the contents of which appear to have slightly better sound-deadening properties that 24 inches of compressed Rockwool :twisted:

Scrit

Alf, yes I find that life can exist without a mobile, but folk do give strange looks when they ask for my mobile number.

Conversation I had back in the 70s

She: yes sir if you give me your fax number I'll send it

Me: we don't have a fax

She:Hee hee

Me: no really we don't have a fax

She: But everyone has a fax

Me: apparently not, perhaps you could post it

She: Don't know if that's possible sir

Me: Alright I'll come and collect it

She: Oh alright sir, but you'll have to fill out a form for security reasons to gain access.

Me: O.K. where do I get one of those

She: I could fax it

Me: CLICK BANG CLICK BANG, well you get the picture.

Latest posts

Back