suppliers for laminate

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyb

Established Member
Reaction score
does anyone know a good supplier of laminate for a router table top. it seems not as easy to source as in the seventies and eighties. would tufnol do this job? what is the best glue to stick it to the mdf/ply?
many thanks

Well you're in the right area - in Stoke try:

PanelCo Ltd
Grindley Lane
Blythe Bridge
STOKE ON TRENT
ST11 9LS
01782 392 100

Montague L Meyer Ltd
Federation House
Station Road
Stoke-on-Trent
ST4 2SA
01782 744631

There also used to be a company called CIP (or Chambers International Products) on the D-road, but I can't find their details any longer.

I've bought from PanelCo, excellent firm, and I buy from Meyers, but not the Stoke branch.

A word of caution, though, many laminates come in 2.6 x 2 metre sheets and these firms are trade suppliers who might not be prepared to delover to a domestic address. I don't know if they offer a cutting service, either.

Tufnol is an even better if more expensive material than laminate. It is manufactured in Birmingham, so contact Tufnol for your local distributor. Tufnol suppliers generally will saw a piece to size for you. Even 3mm is man enough to do the job. Paper re-inforced is cheaper than cloth re-inforced. I'd glue this stuff down with Dunlop Thixotropic glue.

Scrit

scrit i am still reaping the benefits of your 5 cut square method, is there anything you cant help with? are you local.... ? to have such a good knowledge of stoke. 4m2 of laminate is a bit much i think. i will attempt to source tufnol initially and in smaller sizes it may work out similar in the end as 1 to 1.5 m2 would do. the actual table will be norm like in almost every way. although i may attempt to use some tufnol as a standard size mitre slot (if i find some)

johnnyb":3ixyrc0n said:
is there anything you cant help with?
Oh, walking on water, but I'm working on it..... grew the beard over Christmas :roll:

johnnyb":3ixyrc0n said:
are you local.... ?
Only if you're up in the "sunny" Pennines, although I've bought from CIP in the past and more recently from PanelCo. I was also a customer of Meyer's and they've trunked stuff up from Stoke a few times.

If you are struggling with Tufnol there's a trade place in Manchester who sell it - they sell offcuts (i.e. up to about 700mm square) by the kilogram. If you are stuck let me know and I'll PM the details.

Scrit

the place in manchester would be really useful and 0.7 m2 would be fine i think. the saw is now running with the correct amount of freeboard on both sides and is an absolute dream to use.

Latest posts

Back