Sundays Haul.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bod":fb3bnes9 said:
Yeldoow":fb3bnes9 said:
What are your plans for the drill?

I managed to pick up one exactly the same at a car boot last year with a stand for 50p. It works but I think it could do with stripping down and cleaning up but I haven't got round to it yet. Still can't complain for the price!

You did better than me, you got a stand, I didn't, same cost.
Could you do me a favour please?
Put yours into High gear (unplugged). Can you turn the chuck either way to drive the motor armature, or does only one way turn the armature, and the other way ratchet easily?
I have from my late father in Law, a Black & Decker D720H drill, as new condition, but the chuck does this, and no pressure can be put on the drill bit before the chuck, but not the motor stalls.
Checking this 2nd hand one, it was fine on the day, but now it's home, and a bit cleaner, it's the same!
Looked inside the gear casing, greasy, but no obvious faults, gear change very stiff, has to be pushed home, Low gear is stiff to turn both ways as I would expect.
Before really wading in, it would be helpful to know if anyone else's drill does the same.
This is the orange plastic body, with grey metal gear box, and hammer action. 1970's?
Thanks

Bod

Sorry for the slow response I've not been able to get out to the garage/workshop for a few days.

Mine turns the motor both ways in both gears, it doesn't ratchet at all.

Back