stuff for axeminster ts200

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcjwebb

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all hope you are well,

can anyone point me in any direction for zero clearance inserts for an axeminster ts200? have had a go at making some but not with a massive amount of joy so far.

also can anyone recommend a long good fence system that i can replace the factory one with?

Kind Regards

Marc

Lots of youtube videos on making TS fences. Biesemeyer type are well liked.

Insert plates are normally a case of tracing round the factory supplied one and cutting out and a bit of trimming. A bit more difficult but not impossible if you don't have a pattern to work from. I don't think I've seen any for sale.

I don't have that model but lots here do so maybe someone could send you a paper pattern ?

I've had success with an MDF zero clearance insert on my TS-250 but it took about an hour of faffing with a router table to get the shape right and sneak up on the perfect thickness for the mounting part of the plate. I used 11mm MDF, so it's a lot thicker than the stock plate. Works fine though (I assume the TS-200 is similar).

Re the fence, I have bought the materials to make a big custom fence from aluminium profile (80/20 type stuff). Not got round to building it though. I know others have used the axminster bandsaw fence upgrade but it didn't fit for what I wanted.

hi all thanks for the replies so far, i have tried a few way but its odd as the ts200 factory insert only covers half of the whole.

i got fairly close with some thin ply but noticed that the blade was getting pinched just slightly and when i turend the saw off it would act like a brake in a way.

i tried another one from 18mm mdf and cut recesses into the bottom for the little lip on the inside of the gap but no joy as didnt work well with the riving knife,

at this point i might ask just how important is the riving knife and is it an essential part or can it be removed?

regards

Marc

Back