Stew bowls

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've got some big beech logs just starting to spalt been down about a year but i wouldint describe them as dryish more wetish :roll:

Thanks for the offer but I wood :wink: prefer them to be reasonably dry as I have run out of drying space at the moment

Thanks again

Malcolm

The jury is still out on that one Pete, all bacteria/fungi is dead as soon as its dry- does it stay dead if you wet it to clean it? I belive so but is it worth the risk? not for me but some do.
soem of these logs are still normal beech but not for long i hope :twisted:

very nice malcom, i would like to try a couple of them. nice and simple design. well done.

Malcolm

Nice work. It is nice to see usable work. I am soon going to have a go at making some goblets and pint tankards from seeing people like yourself making utility items..

I am going to have a go at making a few pint tankards. I saw in a shop once some leather ones and what they did was to melt wax into them swirl it around and pour it out. I guess that is more relevant to leather. But I am concerned that my beer may leak through. :lol: :lol:

Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing.

Mark

Mark, I have made big goblets for use with beer (well lager) and all I did was use a runny beeswax inside, much as you describe the treatment for leather. Mine were pine and so far no complaints.

This was from an untreated piece of 4x4. It is used regularly and simply swilled out with a bit of soapy warm water.

I guess if you made one from a hard wood such as lignum or such it would be even better but i'm a cheapskate and use whatever I have to hand.

Pete

Latest posts

Back