Steel T-shape place

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I need a thin steel T-shape plate (steel because it should not bend). The problem is I need it in a non standard size.
The size would be something in the region of 15 cm by 40cm with a thickness of not more than a couple of mm.

I thought a quick research on Google would do but it proved to be more difficult than that.

Where can I find something like that?

Alberto

A local fabricator / metal shop should be able to sort this for you . Or go online and some metal suppliers will do bespoke pieces if you supply the the measurements . Good luck

@Alberto: When you say "it should not bend", if you mean not bending along the 40 cm dimension, and if you mean a flat steel plate only 2 mm thick, then you're asking a lot!

If not bending along the 15 cm dimension, 2 mm thick MAY be OK. How wide is that dimension?

I think a rough sketch (or a photo IF something already exists) would certainly help me to envisage exactly what you're trying to do.

With respect, what you actually need is not at all clear - well not to me anyway.

And with respect to Bingy Man, I think a steel fabricator would have difficulty with the above rather sparse description too.

I did say the op would have to supply any measurements . This would be reqd weather online or a local fabricator . As for it not bending - at 2mm this is wishful thinking without as others have said a little more information .. 😊😊

Back