Steam Fair Booty

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard T

Established Member
Reaction score
We went to Astwood Bank vintage vehicles show today and I didn't know what to expect in the way of tooly stalls but there were a good few. I saw a lot of stuff that I just never see at bootsales.

A 2" eye auger by Ridgway Sheffield - never been used

.. with the grinder I've wanted for years.

A lot of old fashioned augers that I am always happy to find singly and occasionally but never all together in the same box.

Centre bits including a tiny one, so small that I did not notice it wasn't on its best side when I took the picture. And none of them sharpened to a smaller width for a change.

A couple of gauge bits, and three nose bits - all with their 'noses' intact.

I've never seen the like at a bootsale and it was cheap too. Cost more to get in though ... :|

Missed you Richard, looks like I had left the scene by the time you went through that trailer :wink:
It was a shame Johns Junk has (according to ODD JOB CHARLIE) stopped the steam fair selling and was not there :( (Sorry about that info) :oops:

My haul....
Garrington 10"adj wrench
Bluepoint 10"adj wrench
Morris (rail ?) lifting grab
5" Preston steel square
Record drill chuck in box
Mystery tool???
Glazers / pic framers diamond points (for a recent find)
Old cast iron wall mounted boot scraper
Nice rosewood split slide stem mortise gauge
Carving chisel
Archaic looking skew woodie (user made)
Broomwade retractable hanging tool holder

Will get some pics up another time :roll:

Andy

Sorry we missed you Andy - we were looking and went round twice at least. And according to Charles .... John had threatned too....

I still can't get over the 2" auger for £3.

Back