"Stays"

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andypo

Established Member
Reaction score
I need some help I know what i want but cant think of where to get it because cant think of name of it.
Im after a piston that will fit on to the toy chest i'm building for my son. It the type that is used on car boots (hatchback) it will stay open but not fall down fast enough to hurt his fingers. Not the best description but hopefully someone will know what im after cheers Andy.

Yes Gas strut, I'd try a breakers yard. Look for a small car like a Smart. :wink:

I got the piston stay for my toybox from Isaac Lord - http://www.isaaclord.co.uk/productDetai ... tCat=1/130

P9090060.jpg

Hi, I made some toy boxes as Christmas presents last year and used gas struts from B&Q. They are for top opening kitchen cabinets and cost about £7 each. They are rated for poundage and as you stated allow for slow closing of the box. I used a strong magnet catch to keep the lid shut, a light tug on the lid would release it to slowly open.
Cheers Matt.

Back