startrite

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feswood

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all just looking for a bit of advice i was thinking of buying a startrite sd 300 planer thicknesser just wonder weather any one has one are they any good i have seen d&m have it for £12oo or should i spend a bit more ? many thanks for any help

Welcome to the forum feswood, i should imagine it may be a bit of both lol, Sorry i have never used one myself but someone will come by and help you out m8 you might just need a bit of patience this time of year :ho2 . All the best for the New Year.

Cheers

Dave

thanks dave for the welcome i think i might go and have a look at the machine first before i part with ££ and i wish you and other members a happy new year reguards james

Startrite are generally OK and I used one myself for many years but if you can manage the extra cost of a Hammer then they are a more accurate machine. It depends on how much work you intend to do.

Hi
I have a Robland 310 which is same I believe as the Startrite (same company) and I've been quite happy with it.
A good solid machine, 3 blades and enough capacity and power for what I need, (hobby use).

Cheers

Bob

Back