startrite help!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lincs1963

Established Member
Reaction score
Quick one for you folks, anyone know of a source of drive belts for a startrite K260 combination machine? Done a bit of googling but found nothing obvious.
Thanks in advance for your help, regards, Neil

From experience ALT will be expensive. The belt should be a standard size and you could probably get it much cheaper from one of the bearing/belt supplies companies, like Wych Bearings. If you have the current belt it should have some lettering on it denoting the type and size.

I guess that may be a possibility, however these are flat belts not 'v' belts or toothed belts etc. That is why I was looking for a supplier of the original type. I will try a couple of suppliers local to me just in case, thanks.

Have a look on the bay. I got 2 belts for my Startrite for £6.
Although they are V-belts, the place I got them from had a huge amount of different belts and all were very cheap.

Measure your belt or contact ALT for the sizes then go hunting on the bay.

Got one. Which belts do you need? It's the same as a Robland X260. Standard V belt engine belts work fine. I've got a PDF of the manual which has belt sizes. The thicknesser belts are a bit of a pain as you have to lift the casting of the table saw/spindle table to get the belts on.

Back