Startrite combo machine (With pics)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phantom of the offcut

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I Have an old startrite K210 and am hopeful someone else has one or experience of these machines and can pass on any helpfull info on there use. As a specific point i need to find out what adjusting screws to get for the p/t blades as all are missing.
Heres Hoping!! :?:

Hi Jason,

I have a CK26 Kity combo. Kity equipment tends to use standard metric threads. Which screws do you need exactly. are they the ones to hold the blades in place or are you talking about table adjustments.
Maybe you could post some pictures?

I could send you some sample screws with standard threads to get that established if that helps.

Bob
EDIT
Ermm don't know why I started talking about Kity machines Doh!

Startrite would have been imperial threads in the early days and metric more recently. Offer of thread matching still holds!

Bob

Since the Startrite was actually a re-badged Robland, made in Belgium (I think), the screws would <probably> be metric.
Always fancied the K 210, but the only one I've found at an affordable price was just before we moved house, and so not a good time to buy :(

Thanks for all your help , i can confirm that it is a Robland machine and all the threads are indeed metric as i have replaced several bits during its re-furb ,but it is the screws for adjusting the height of the blades prior to tightening into the cutter block which are misssing, i have been told that they are 'shouldered jackscrews ' but im not sure what they are. when i bought it from e-bay it was in very poor condition and there are a few bits missing not to mention the spindle motor needs to be replaced but over the course of almost a year now i have nursed it back to some sort of health although i have yet to get it running i'm hoping that theses screws are not a snag to far as i'm really keen now that winter is here to get some woodworking done.
Thanks for the link to ALT i have the part no. from the manual so i will give them a call.

Jason.

Jason,

I know how to put in links for forum members to click and view, but how to put them in a post as a permanent display I don't got a clue!

I use photobucket.com for posting links myself.

I thought there was a 'sticky' post somewhere on the forum, explaining the procedure though.
:-k

Shouldered jackscrews sound like the things on the old Coronet planer adjusters. They were like normal bolts but with a sort of "double head", effectively an elongated head with a circular groove that fitted in a yoke on the cutterblock. Sort of thing that was probably specially made for the machine - pretty easy to do on a metal lathe, but fiddly.

Jason,

If you can't get the genuine parts then I can make them for you as I'm a better metal worker than a woodworker - still learning fast with wood but have been bashing metal for 30 years or more.

Either find out all the dimensions or alternatively send me the cutter block and a knife and I'll work out what is needed.

No fees- only too happy to share my skills- just return postage if you have to send the cutter block.

PM me for address etc

Bob

Wow Cheers Bob thats a very generous offer ! I'm going to try hard this week to locate the correct part or at least a description, thats why i was hoping some one else may have the same machine, but if i have no luck i'll get back to you.
Getting on this forum has given me a much needed boost to get this machine finished, thanks.
Just opened a photobucket account so i'll try and post a few pics.
Jason.

01012008001.jpg

This is a photo of the machine when i got it into my shed. (hope link works!!!)

Wasn't expecting posting pictures to be so easy . This is my most up to date pic but i have since put the saw table and saw assembly back.
10032008.jpg

I have to confess i got help from my 12 y/o daughter with photo bucket.
Regards Jason.

No Problem Jason,

Happy to help. Just to let you know I'm going to be away from the interweb from Tuesday 25th midday until Thursday 27th evening so if you do contact me and I don't reply straight away, that is why.

Cheers

Bob

So what was the outcome of the 'jackscrew discussion' Did you find out what they looked like and did you get some made or find a supplier of spares?

Hi Jason

I have the Robland XSD 310 p/t. Don't get to use it often at to mo and memory is rubbish so I'd have to look at the bolts but suspect they would be similar in which case I might be able to take a couple of pics if of any help

cheers

Bob

Back