Startrite 352 will not switch off reliably

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harvestbarn

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an old model with the Danfoss switch gear in the column, I have strippped it down. The problem is that when the red stop button is pressed on the contactor it does not always stop, if I press it hard with an insulated screw driver it will eventually work. Does anyone know if it is possible to repair this l suspect it is a very dirty contact?

Probably kaput contactor..
I replaced one of these contactors on a 352 recently with a new one from ebay, they do come up frequently as New old stock.. You can also swap the coils if you can only source a 415v unit.

It looks better retaining the original switches rather than an after market add on 'box'.

I had a prob with the ON button sticking in so the OFF wouldn't free it. Think it was dust or something - not electrical

good advice above. You may have a different switch/contactor than mine but I found the manufacturers parts reference inside, chased them on Google and ordered from Denmark as the contactor is still made today. This was some 3 yrs ago.....

I do like these old machines, l broke the seal and was able to get inside the overload unit all looked in good condition, cleaned the contacts checked with a meter that they worked properly.
All back together now and working fine the longest job was getting the door interlocks to work again as I upset the settings .
Thanks for the support.

Back