Starting a new project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Water-Mark

Established Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who seems to find more enthusiasm for starting projects than finishing?

It makes no sense to me as the end is supposed to be the bit where you get something worth while to look back on with pride.
This was brought to a head this week when I discovered the "in progress" drawer is actually full.

Maybe I'll make some extra drawers this week to help ease the problem. Or start them at least :roll:

it is the middle bit that i struggle with. Once the end is just about in sight, i dont have a problem finishing them.

I am glad that it is not my source of income because i always underestimate the time taken for projects.

I think thats probably the same for me.

Right no more started projects and no more watching rubbing on the telly, I'm going to see how many unfinished projects I can knock off before christmas :ho2 .

My problem is a tendency to rush a project right at the end because I want to see it finished.

BugBear

At the beginning, I am confident everything will go well. Those pieces I have cut are all going to be right and will all fit. ;-)
If I stop there, I don't hit the disappointing stage when the first big mistake happens...

Speaking as one who may possibly have one or two (cough) unfinished jobs on the list, I find that enthusiasm to finish a job often (not always!) increases in direct proportion to the scale of the consequences of not finishing it. The same applies to starting.

Well I think I take the prize for the longest time for the unfinished project.
I left school 44 years ago and in my workshop is an unfinished nest of tables I started in my last year of school but never finished my late mother used them for many years covered with table cloths but after clearing out the house they ended up here I know I will never finish them but I am reluctant to break the up to reuse the wood for another project.

Back