Stanley No 55

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsaps

Established Member
Reaction score
I've recently come into the possession of one of these and was hoping to get some guidance from members as to the value and best way of selling it.
I don't want to go straight to the ebay thing without some knowledge.
(as the photo shows it's by no means in A1 condn)

thanks in advance

grant

Hi Grant,

Frankly, that particular #55 looks pretty awful. #55s do go for quite silly money but you can pick up very nice ones for reasonable amounts. Here's mine which I bought from a woodworking tool shop for £160 - it's in superb condition and has a full set of cutters

Stanley55avatar3-1.jpg

Personally, if I was looking to buy one I wouldn't even consider that one of yours because I know that you can get good ones that work well if you are prepared to look around. I've never used ebay but it might be your best bet - but I'd try to clean it up a bit first.

Hope this helps.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Hi,
Hard to tell from the pics but it looks incomplete.
Does it have two fences, one with micro adjust? Are there four boxes of cutters, 52 or 55 in all?
Should be a semi circular bit as well.
PM me if you want to hear more :)
Martin

Hi again,
It is also missing the 'tower' section and depth adjuster at the front end.
Problem with these is that when they lose the original box all the bits get thrown to the four winds.
I would say that it is a 'spares only' breaker.
Martin
That said, I could be interested.... :wink:

thanks for the replies folks, i though the condition would be a problem, i might just pop it on e-bay and see what happens

Latest posts

Back