stanley 501

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lurcher

Established Member
Reaction score
hi i have got today a 5 peice set of stanley 501 all in 1st class condition .
please tell me the honest truth are they as good as people say or is it just hyped up blurb they seem to have had no use at all so was it a good deal at £15.00 or was i ripped off .

lurcher":2hrgp9ca said:
hi i have got today a 5 peice set of stanley 501 all in 1st class condition .
please tell me the honest truth are they as good as people say or is it just hyped up blurb they seem to have had no use at all so was it a good deal at £15.00 or was i ripped off .

They're not "great" - but they're very good value. Possibly even "great" value.

BugBear

I would be interested to know what you are talking about.
Mr Google says a nail punch or a claw hammer

3 quid per chisel has got to be good even if you just use them for getting lids off paint tins

I have literally never seen the 501s in the united states, but there was quite a while there where everlasts (perhaps no 20s) were bringing $40 each.

I don't know if that's still going on, I can't keep track of what collectors like or don't like, but the 501s in little used condition would not be something you chance on every day here, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were worth a minimum of several hundred dollars in a matched set.

i have a set of everlast / sweetheart listed on ebay at the moment i dont use them enough so i would like someone to have the chance of them there in 1st class hardley used at all .

lurcher":3l5b7iea said:
was it a good deal at £15.00 or was i ripped off .
There's a post from 2014 on another forum about a set of six of these (minty) with a starting bid equivalent to £366, that should give you a good idea!

ED65":39x3cy6o said:
lurcher":39x3cy6o said:
was it a good deal at £15.00 or was i ripped off .
There's a post from 2014 on another forum about a set of six of these (minty) with a starting bid equivalent to £366, that should give you a good idea!

That's just weird. Did they actually sell at that price?

BugBear

I can't remember now what I paid for my first one, new from a tool shop, back in about 1973, but it was probably more than £3 then!
Chisel's still going strong.

xy mosian":26ow8e1t said:
Just to clear up some confusion on my part.
Are we actually talking about the 5001's?

xy

Agreed.
Are we talking plastic handles or sexy wooden handles?

bugbear":1jzx191g said:
That's just weird. Did they actually sell at that price?
No idea, but it's clear now they were not the same chisels Lurcher got! These were socket chisels.

Latest posts

Back