Stanley 42mm Plane Blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oakmitre

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know which planes use Stanley 42mm plane blades ?

These are the normal type with the elongated keyhole slot to be used with chipbreaker etc - not the solid or horizontally slotted block plane blades.

Thanks.

This is probably rubbish info because I don't have a clue what I'm on about. Trying to get a new iron for a 110 recently, dont ask, resorted in the end to buying 40 mm x 3mm O1 steel gauge plate. I believe the proper size is 1 5/8" which is a bit closer to 42mm? The struggle was getting hold of a full blade with no slot cut, or paying for a premium blade. Gulp. Not sure what you're after but you're welcome to the original blade from the 110 if you want it. It needs a little work but it's ok.
I probably don't have the wrong end of the stick but another stick completely. If by a miracle it's any use let me know and I'll pop it in the postal.

Edit. Just reread your post... this is precisely the blade you're not after! All I could find was slotted blades when looking but from memory there's a host of Block planes that fit that size. Sorry I can't be more help. :oops:

Thanks for the reply.

I have the blades (about 20 new Stanley branded ones), but I don't know which plane they go in. I was wondering since they are very new looking if there was a currently model to fit them.

Back