springs for an old double pinion stanley hand drill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nimmaj

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello!

My grandfather's stanley hand drill chuck is missing a spring and it's driving him potty! It's one of the springs that keep the chuck teeth (? not sure what the correct name is!) upright.

He claims that buck and ryan used to stock spare springs. While this may once have been true (i suspect that "once" may actually have been in the dawn of time ;-) ) they didn't have any this morning when i popped in.

So does anyone know whether you can pick up these springs?

Thanks!

Ben

Try phoning Stanley. I needed some of the bent wire type springs a few years ago. No deal but they may have the other type in stock., otherwise you can get a replacement chuck.

If the search for a spring fails, replacement chucks are cheap-as-chips.........and can often be better than the originals which often didn't even allow a 10mm drill bit to be used.

Mike

Nice one - thanks guys. Out of interest, does anyone know anywhere in the uk where a chuck can be procured?

Thanks,

Ben

nimmaj":30h7lxec said:
Nice one - thanks guys. Out of interest, does anyone know anywhere in the uk where a chuck can be procured?

Thanks,

Ben

Now you know the answer to that is going to be Buck & Ryan!

Actually I don't know, but I just wanted to second the comments on Stanley parts (I was completeing a scraper as well) - lots of spare parts available, including nickers.

!!

Ok - you've convinced me! Just ordered a few bits from the stanley parts website. Used Pete's "england" link in the end. For something being shipped over from the states - it is v. cheap, isn't it.

Appreciate the help!

Thanks,

Ben

Latest posts

Back