Spindle moulder sliding carrage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK for very small cuts in MDF on a router table, but no use at all for proper tenoning, I'd say - no provision for backer board to control spelch for starters, the handle would leave your hand pretty close to the cutter on even a medium (say 50mm) tenoning cut and how do you get that to run straight when you have a large opening in the fence for the tenoning discs?

APTC do a proper tenoning table here, although it does cost £118 and it would still need a proper tenoning guard for the cutterblock........ So, how much are your fingers worth, Jason?

Scrit

Ahhhh it runs against the fence ? I was wondering how it worked .

Easy to knock one up out of ply etc., but the cost of two decent toggle clamps might make this one worth the money

But aren't they show the wrong way round, so they'd go right to left leaving your hand well away from the cutters, backer boards could easily be added I think. And you can add a bar to run in the mitre slot.

Here I'm taking about with a router table as most members here won't have a spindle moulder

As JFC said seems cheap and with a few little additions would work just fine

Looks pretty good for router table use, but I wouldnt want to go anywhere near a spindle moulder with it!

I've seen Norm use something very similar to this on his router table with a poly block behind the workpiece to avoid tearout and also at times with a sacrificial block of wood to reduce/stop the tearout. If I remember rightly he is usually making door rails and stiles with a router bit set used to make panelled cabinet door frames.

Misterfish

Back