Speaker Stands

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbrogden

Established Member
Reaction score
This is my first ever project (if you can call it one)
A pair of speaker stands for my bookshelf speakers. I wanted a pair that would be more suitable in a room that is full of natural wood furniture.

I purchased some whitewood (base) and redwood i think (legs) from my local timber merchant and got to making these.

475302652c11b240ef4287d051614baa03aa6e1f729138d2dfd335e180d642eb544fbb1b.jpg

I chisel'd out the width and depth of the legs in each top and bottom then dowelled them with glue. I ran the base over a DIY router table to give a chamfer. I have just finished the first coat if stain so they are still in my garage.

Soon they will be were they are intended to be and i will post a final picture

Nice and simple, hope you like.

Mr Brogden

Very good. Its great to see you getting stuck in with a project!
What speakers are you using them with? Are you going to put some spikes (read screws) through the bottom to deal with the vibrations?
I made some similar some time ago, and used a blwtorch to bring the detail of the grain out. It ended up looking almost synthetic. Not sure I'd do it again.

Best wishes, and keep it up. Whats next???

Neil

PS - I see the varnish. I'd consider oiling it rather than varnish. Do you have an off cut from the project you could use as a test piece? Try a bit of varnish and then a bit of linseed oil/ Danish oil and see what you think. I am not sure I will ever use varnish for anything other than tables and floors again.

Hey thanks. The speakers are monitor audio br 2 bronze. They are on a wooden floor so they have felt on the bottom

This is them all finished

90829655184e085666dae81ce0df2625d045fba6bff416231200515fc5b5c3b0c798c20a.jpg

Yes very pleased. Just started making a new end table for my conservatory. Gonna take me a while but keep me busy. Got some oak cut ofs from local timber yard for nowt to get me started

Back