Spay painting for a begginer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mel769

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi hope someone can help. After all the time tinkering with old tat and making things ive realised I could save alot of money and effort if i invested in a spray set up ! The things i paint would be no bigger than a lawnmower, in fact i currently have a lawnmower that needs painting;, so only need a smallish setup. I have a very small compressor (1hp,6 litre, 8 bar), Im not sure if a compressor this small would be okay, and if so which gun to get, either gravity or pot, what sizes ect ?.

To begin with I would like to spray some red oxide primer, although i expect it might need thinning out with thinners, so as you probably notice i dont know where to start; any advice would be helpfull. Are there any 240v spray set ups that would suffice. Thanks

If you are doing small items, it may be worth looking into the HVLP systems. I'm just looking into them myself so can't give much detail with regards to limitations etc I'm afraid.

Monkey Mark":9xs7l6ip said:
If you are doing small items, it may be worth looking into the HVLP systems. I'm just looking into them myself so can't give much detail with regards to limitations etc I'm afraid.

Great, good call there, they look just the ticket for what i need.

Back