Spare oak - free to good home -- Wood gone.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian3006

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Due to personal issues, I'm clearing out my shed, tools and all.

I have some left over oak boards, not a huge amount but I'm sure someone could make use of it.

I'm not at home at the moment, so if anyone is interested, post back here and I'll let you know the measurements etc later.

I don't want any money for it, just hope it can get used.

Regards.

I'm in Nottingham, West Bridgford to be more precise. About 1 mile from Trent Bridge cricket ground.

It's an 80 mile round trip for myself so unfortunately I can't take you up on the offer. I'm sure you'll find a taker on here though.

All the best

Hi Ian

If no one local is interested and your prepared to post it, obviously at my cost, I would be interested.

Stew

Stew, a couple of the boards are 3m long so not sure how we'd go about postage, guess it would need to be something like TNT.

Lets see if anyone local wants it. If not, we can always look in to what the cost of transport would be. It could end up being more than the value of the timber.

Ian.

ian, how much is there? I would be interested if there is enough for a little project i have in mind.

Thanks
Mark

Marcros,

Depends on your little project. From memory, it's prime grade oak, and was purchased from Venable Brothers. There are a couple of 3m lengths of 150 x 19, a couple of pieces of 150 x 19 at about 1500 long. A few pieces of 150 x 32 at around 1500 long. Half a dozen 40mm squares at I think about 1m long, an assortment of 70mm squares of varying lengths. Also there is a quantity of offcuts around 250 - 350 mm long.

So you should be able to get a nice little console table or shelf unit out of it.

I'll be heading home in about an hour and will measure everything up and post a comprehensive list.

Ian.

Hi Ian
I would be very interested in your very kind offer of the Oak boards and offcuts.
As I live in Nottingham it would be no problem for me to collect from you at your convenience should I be the one you select.

Regards
Alan.

Hi Alan,

Would you be okay with the 3m lengths? When would you want to collect the timber?

Ian.

Hi Ian

3 M lengths is not a problem as I have a small trailer at my disposal, collection at your convenience.

Would need collection details but I am sure you don't want to divulge this information in open forum, would be open to suggestions.

Many many thanks.

Regards
Alan.

Okay, this is what there is. The first to shout up with a definite 'I'll have it' and can confirm when they can collect can have it. I'd prefer if it could be collected tomorrow, but Monday would suffice.

Board

19 x 150 x 3m 2 off.
32 x 95 x 1.9m 1 off.
32 x 75 x 1220 2 off.
32 x 150 x 1110 1 off.
32 x 150 x 760 1 off.
32 x 150 x 1000 1 off.
25 x 115 x 1200 1 off.

Squares

40 x 40 x 1020 5 off.
70 x 70 x 1020 2 off.
70 x 70 x 550 2 off.
70 x 70 x 800 1 off.

Oddments

A small number of oddments / offcuts in 19, 25 and 32 mm with lengths ranging from around 250mm to 450mm. Would be fine for boxes and perhaps drawer fronts.

There are a couple of guys who have shown an interest. As I say, the first to give a definite yes and can confirm collection can have it.

Regards,

Ian.

Alan has it.

PM on the way with contact details mate.

Regards.

Hi, Ian

I would love some oak, if I can get out of my road tomorrow I can come round.

Pete

pm me with your details, please.

Hi,

Alan has arranged collection for tomorrow so the wood has now gone. If I'd had more I would have split it, but unfortunately I didn't.

Sorry to anyone who missed out.

How do I mark a topic as closed?

Regards,

Ian.

Back