Source for red wavy birch in the UK?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

White House Workshop

Established Member
Reaction score
I have made a number of pieces using read wavy birch and now I've run out of boards. Does anyone know a source for this in the UK? I have an order for a jewelery chest made from this wood - to match another piece I made for the same customer about 15 years ago.

The picture below shows the wood with only a white wax finish. The depth of patterning doesn't show up too well, but you should get the idea. It's a so-and-so to work as chip-outs are all to easy!

birch.jpg

Thanks Chris. I did that and they did find the wood in their reference material. Unfortunately the answer is that I "don't stand a chance in hell of getting it here"!

I think the only solution is to get in touch with a couple of contacts over in the US and see if they can find me a couple of boards and mail them across. Fortunately I don't need very much!

If you're interested, here's a link to lots of pics including some nice ones of the 'quilted' I have used (not wavy!).
http://www.hobbithouseinc.com/personal/woodpics/birch.htm

Back