Souce of Formica HP laminate for Router Table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Near to me is a company called Permabond. They make kitchens and counters etc. I raid their scrap pile from time to time. It costs me nothing and they are glad to get rid of their waste.

I'm sure thare must be similar companies dotted about all over the place.

Happy hunting
Steve

Hello John,

Steve makes a good suggestion. I have just made a pillar drill table using an old kitchen cabinet door. (formica type material)

This is a cheap solution, kitchen doors are a decent size for making jigs etc.

If you can't get some of the real stuff, it might be worth a look.

Cheers, Esc.

When I bought some a long time ago - I got it from Jewsons.
It works out a lot cheaper than the fireplace backs - but then you probably get a lot more than you need.
Cheers
Gidon

International Decorative Surfaces IDS are nation wide and sell every conceivable form of formica from plain white to wood effect even metal tread plate effect. They're a bit pricey and again it's only in 10 x 4 foot sheets but it saves hunting around. I bought a large sheet which covered my router table top, all the pieces of the fence and I still have about 4 x 3 feet left which I keep pinching a little off for jigs so it's been worth it for me.

p111dom":1dppl75b said:
International Decorative Surfaces IDS are nation wide and sell every conceivable form of formica from plain white to wood effect even metal tread plate effect. They're a bit pricey and again it's only in 10 x 4 foot sheets but it saves hunting around. I bought a large sheet which covered my router table top, all the pieces of the fence and I still have about 4 x 3 feet left which I keep pinching a little off for jigs so it's been worth it for me.
WHO?

Don't forget to cover the bottom of the router top with formica as well as it could bow due to moisture differences over time... :wink:

I looked at formica for the outfeed table of the table saw. Covers in Chichester quoted £110 for a 10 x 4 sheet but said they had a lower grade version at £30 for 10ft x 4ft. The only difference was that the cheaper version did not have the heat resistance. I had the cheaper type and it has been great.

Latest posts

Back