Sorry, a windows 10 question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gilljc

Established Member
Reaction score
For those of you happily working away with windows 10 - on my old computer if I see an image I like, I right click on it and it comes up with a variety of options including 'save picture as' and when I click on that it gives me options as to where to save it ie documents, pictures etc. Easy peasy, but I won't tell you how long it took me to figure that out
How do I do this on my new computer? Have bumbled around a bit and so far I have managed to save something but straight into downloads, can't quite remember how I did it though....
Was confused for a while as my new computer only has one big mouse pad, but I think the right and left click thing is built into that

That could be down to using the 'Edge' browser, I'm pretty sure you'll still get the same context menu with other browsers in W10.

Right click should provide the option.

From the browser.
DSCN5183.JPG

From File Explorer.
DSCN5185.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN5183.JPG
    DSCN5183.JPG
    223 KB · Views: 964
  • DSCN5185.JPG
    DSCN5185.JPG
    238.9 KB · Views: 961
OK, after much trying and failing and head scratching and trying it on different servers, it appears what I was doing wrong was pressing the mouse pad in the wrong place, it needs to be in the bottom right hand corner, not just on the right side - logical I suppose :roll: :oops:
I hate computers.....

If you would prefer to use a conventional mouse to the touchpad why not get a USB or Wireless one. Should get a decent one in the £6- £12 range.

Gill, there's an easy way using Firefox. I can't be sure it will work with MS Edge, but it's worth a try. Put a link to your downloads folder on the desktop, open your browser so that you can see the folder, left click a pic and drag it to the folder, and that's it. A mouse makes it even easier.

I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 offered by Microsoft - but put it on an old PC so I could play around with it.

It looked 'OK' and similar to my Android tablet but I'm afraid to say that within a few minutes I thought Yuk. I didn't like it at all I'm sorry to say Gill. I'll keep my Windows 7. In fact, my wife and I both bought new PCs last year and I deliberately went for the Windows 7 version although it was difficult to find.

We both use Google Chrome as a browser. Its a nice browser and comes with a built-in translator which is brilliant with us living in Germany.

Best of luck getting to grips with the new PC . . . you'll get them :)

Barry

Thanks for all the input and advice, much appreciated :D
I do have a wireless mouse, but as I do all my computing on the couch, the mouse pad is easier now that I know how to work it :lol:
I am fairly sure that I will soon get the hang of windows 10 for my limited needs, I remember the change over from whatever was about three systems before windows 7, it felt much harder, even the IT guys were cursing it a bit to start with

Gill.
I did warn against Windows 10.

Take care, Microsoft is now watching your every move. :shock:

Chris.

ChrisR":1r49iaf7 said:
Gill.
Take care, Microsoft is now watching your every move. :shock:

Scaremongering nonsense; if this was as "evil" as you would have us believe then we should all stop using both Apple and Android phones immediately too as they not only track all your browsing but your physical location too.

Gill.

As with me, I only visit three sites, this one, Newquay Weather and The Disabled Photographers site, plus very occasionally The MS Society. :roll:

Take care.

Chris.

Latest posts

Back