Some stuff (and life update)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtt.tr

Established Member
Reaction score
new tools.

My boss gave me some tools

He gave me a wooden plane with Hearnshaw brothers blade really thick takes a wicked edge i have lots off missing arm hair the blade is also hard but not overly hard takes see through shavings in pine and my boss put a steel base on which is a massive bonus also has a nice tight mouth

I also received an unrestored record no.64 spoke shave as a Christmas present which i have finished rust stripping and have polished it looks good i think. Needs sharpening and testing.

My sharperning has come on alot now can get good edges sadly my grinding is still water poor on plane blades :lol:

Also there is a load off tools that i know off for sale and im looking at carving tools and more parers and maybe a norris a5. if i get any tools i will keep you updated.

And my apprenticeship is great i enjoy waking up to go to work i think my boss likes me lets me do alot things and very forgiving to any mistakes i make only a few so far excellent guy

Sorry for the long thread.

Glad to hear everything is going well for you. Enjoy your apprenticeship, for me it was 4 of the best years of my life!
With regards to the tools, if you ain't got any photos you ain't got any tools! :wink:

Absolutely! Photos or no deal!!!

If you can pick oup the A5 cheaply...go for it! You won't regret it!

Mind you...the infill slope is a tad steep! :shock:

Jim

Back