Some quick help on bypassing an NVR please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrums

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Finally set aside some time to put in a ceiling pull cord on the dust extractor, rather than the conveniently sited NVR switch (12" off the ground and at the rear !)

There's wires everywhere ! - I'm lost :shock:

But, on the back of the NVR terminal block there's a wiring diagram IN:1 & 3; OUT: 2 & 4 ........ am I right in thinking that 2 & 4 are the one's I need to put power into to do the bypass ? (+ pick up the earth)

(....... and yes Chas ..... I have seen what you say about NVR's and motors bursting into life of their own accord)

Chris.

Well, I got bored waiting for someone with the brain the size of a planet to come along and tell me that was right ..... so I went ahead !

:D :lol: :D :lol: ...... that was the way to go !

Cheers

:lol: message delivered and received it would seem.
No problems with by-passing the NVR on remotely located or switched units, just make sure someone attempting to service the unit, including yourself, has to unplug the unit from its power source before they put their hands in the works.

Power lead only just long enough is a good basic measure.
Done this many times with Kitchen Kettles to stop folks running them under the tap whilst still plugged in.

No more dangerous than the large Hitachi reciprocating Saw I just bought for a job that fires up every time you pick it up by the natural hand grip because the trigger is not double actioned. :roll:

Latest posts

Back