some pieces i keep for myself

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treefella83

Established Member
Reaction score
segmented goblet cherry and walnut
Picture031.jpg

inside
Picture033.jpg

bad photo of a standard clock robinia burr
Picture036.jpg

robinia burr bowl natural edge bottom
Picture035.jpg

Hello,
Looks like you've got some nice pieces of work there. But to be quite frank: the photography is more than poor. If I photograph a workpiece with the intent to show it to others, I would try to present it to it's best advantage. Placing it beside the kitchen sink is about the worst thing to do ( apart from the loo that is ). It would be good to use a uni coloured background ( some kind of blanket ) so you don't get that many reflections from the background
( like on the first photo ), or that the background is correctly exposed, while the details of the workpiece are hidden in the darkness ( like on the others ).
It's not important to get professional perfection, but with a little effort it's possible to get much better results.

i am aware that the quality of the picture is poor and im not really sure what to do about it.
its a new camera and im finding it hard getting the settings right as no matter what i do the picture is always to dark but when using the flash or or making the room brighter the picture is nearly bright white.
i have the same trouble when taking pictures out doors.
it seems like im being told off like a naughty boy for doing something wrong but i will take note of your advice .

thank you

Just a large sheet of paper from an art shop gives a good background. You will see that I use a blue background for most of my photos in this album and this picshows how I set it up, Natural light in the conservatory means I don't need flash so no shadows.

Don't play with the settings, just put it onto auto and let the camera work it out.

Jason

Back