Solid Oak Library

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
joiner_sim":2vs23a4f said:
I nearly asked about it being MDF or solid, feel stupid after reading up on the thread :oops:
It looks really good, and I'm sure the customer will be thrilled with it too.
Nice large workshop you have got there too! :wink:

Thanks Sim.. The workshop was built a nice size as one day I plan on turning it into a small house, its very rural and once the pools in its going to be for summer rental.... Then I'm going to rent a unit closer to the smoke...

BradNaylor":3nk4ezs8 said:
Nice job Russ; my only criticism is that it looks slightly utilitarian now that it is installed. Perhaps a few hundred books will help!

I can't help feeling that a fancier cornice would have improved the aesthetics without overwhelming the simplicity of the styling.

Something like this;

HillAlcoveUnitsWIP008.jpg

Cheers
Brad

Cheers Dan.. I knew someone would comment on the crown, especially you.
They knew exactly what they wanted and it had to be perfect. While I was fitting they were in the next room positioning furniture with a digital measure....which scared me.

Hi Russ

Firstly, lovely work.

Secondly, and massively off topic, but how is the blockwork over that window holding itself up? I'm no structural expert, but I thought that they needed a steel (or similar) above them? I might be missing something in the picture, but if you're planning on living in it you don't want it coming down on yer heed... :shock:

;)

TrimTheKing":209fg5cv said:
Hi Russ

Firstly, lovely work.

Secondly, and massively off topic, but how is the block-work over that window holding itself up? I'm no structural expert, but I thought that they needed a steel (or similar) above them? I might be missing something in the picture, but if you're planning on living in it you don't want it coming down on yer heed... :shock:

;)

Thanks... All of the blocks above the window height are U-type/hollow and filled with armored truss and cement. If you look behind the child laborer you can see a window thats supported waiting for the mix to set.

rem1.jpg

rem4.jpg

Russ

Back