Sold: AWVSL1000 + Chuck + Tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeepBlue

Established Member
Reaction score
Back in October I took the plunge and had a go at turning, but although I've enjoyed it I've found that I don't really use it as much as I thought I would.

As some of you may have read in the thread over in General Woodworking, I'm having a clear out to fund a new tablesaw, so I'm being brutal and putting all my gear up for sale.

All in good working order, and all about 4 months old. Starting with the lathe itself:

IMG_0221.JPG

As you can see - space here is pretty tight! This photo has the headstock slid right along the bed.

Specs for the lathe can be found here:
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-Axminster-AWVSL1000-Woodturning-Lathe-780615.htm

Next up, the chuck (an Axminster K10 with C type dovetail Jaws), various gubbins that came with the lathe and my el-cheapo grinder with homemade sharpening jig (if you don't want this then it'll go in the bin!)
IMG_0222.JPG

Finally, some tools:

IMG_0225.JPG

All crown:
* 3/8ths Spindle Gouge
* 3/4 Roughing Gouge
* 1/4 Parting Tool
* 3/4 Flat Skew
* 1/2 Bowl Gouge

Basically everything you need to get started in turning, 4 months old and hardly used.

Unless I don't get any response, I'd like to sell everything in one go, so I'd like to see £330 for this little lot.

Local pickup from Farnborugh only I'm afraid as it's pretty heavy.

Cheers
-Tom

If nobody wants the lot. I'll take the tools.

To be honest, i want the lot but i dont know it i have the money, or more importantly the space to put the lathe. Or infact the transport to come get it.

So basically yeah if the tools are going spare i''d have them off ya.

That's a fantastic package to get somebody started and seems like a very good price as well. I'd hold out for a buyer for the lot if you can.

Dave

DeepBlue":1qatmg2h said:
Thanks for the interest chaps, I'll be in touch if no one goes for it.

Cheers
-Tom

if you start breaking the package down i'd be potentially interested in the chuck

Well Thanks to Tom (DeepBlue) I now have another excuse to spend even more time in the workshop. :lol:

Well pleased with the new kit and am busting to get it up and running but I need to reinforce the work bench first.

My old lathe was a 1MT so my 6 month old Axy live tailstock (interchangeable tips) wont fit so I am not sure if it is worth using a sleeve or sticking it on ebay and getting a new one?

Dave

Back