Social distancing, .. what's that?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If that is the case, why are more people dying with flu than C19 at the moment (possibly as much as 5x). Surely the mitigation methods are giving even more protection from flu, there should be hardly any flu deaths.

Because there is no evidence more people are dying from flu than C19

Some MSM reports of 5x greater have been rather dishonest. (Sun newspaper, Spectator etc)

As yet the only ONS figures are not broken down beyond: "influenza and pneumonia"

Info here:
"This publication contains provisional 2020 death data, which includes deaths where influenza and pneumonia have been mentioned on the death certificate. A full breakdown of mortality data for 2020 is expected to be available in our annual deaths publication, which is provisionally scheduled to be released in July 2021"

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/tran...ofinformationfoi/influenzadeathsin2019and2020

Sorry but logic and covid don't belong in the same sentence.

Conspiracy theories and logic don't belong in the same sentence.

Government policies on Covid may have political agendas or self interest profit motivation.
Neither of those belong in the same sentence as logic.

Most mainstream media has not been lying or misrepresenting Covid as far as I can see.
Well, that's good to know. Except they have lied, about the masks not being useful, until suddenly they were vital, but it's OK because "we lied for your own good". You may say it wasn't the media, it was the government doing the lying, but to my mind they are inseparable. I now don't believe anything from anyone, which means I'm somewhat at a disadvantage. Nothing is dependable. If you lied intentionally, and admit to it openly, but insist that now you are telling the unvarnished truth, honest, I am going to struggle to believe anything you have ever said, at any point.

So we are left with mainstream view that there is no innate defence to this virus, there can be no herd immunity, even if everyone catches it, and we should all seal ourselves off from each other for ever more. It really is a novel virus - there has never been anything like it in the history of the world.

Or you can use Occams Razor, which would suggest that the most likely nature of this coronavirus is that it is pretty much like all the other coronaviruses that our immune systems have evolved to deal with over millions (or billions?) of years. In other words, most people already have immune systems that can deal with it. The recent university outbreak had 90% with no symptoms, or in other words, 90% of the infected had such strong defences, they never even knew they had come into contact with it. Such a dangerous virus.

Except they have lied, about the masks not being useful
I don't think so, why do you think that?

until suddenly they were vital, but it's OK because "we lied for your own good
The media didn't lie
The advice changed, have a look at the WHO advice.....they updated their advice as the science research indicated some benefit.

I now don't believe anything from anyone, which means I'm somewhat at a disadvantage. Nothing is dependable. If you lied intentionally, and admit to it openly, but insist that now you are telling the unvarnished truth, honest, I am going to struggle to believe anything you have ever said, at any point
The media didn't lie, your interpretation gave you that impression.

So we are left with mainstream view that there is no innate defence to this virus
That isn't true.

The media repeatedly discusses the impact the virus has on different age groups.
I've not seen the media say young people don't have an innate defence.

there can be no herd immunity, even if everyone catches it, and we should all seal ourselves off from each other for ever more
Really?
There have been numerous media article discussing whether herd immunity is possible or not.

Here's one
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8518493/Covid-19-herd-immunity-develop-20-study-claims.html

most likely nature of this coronavirus is that it is pretty much like all the other coronaviruses that our immune systems have evolved to deal with over millions (or billions?) of years
No the virus jumped from bats, it didn't develop to use humans as a host.

It isn't the intention of a virus to kill a host.

The recent university outbreak had 90% with no symptoms, or in other words, 90% of the infected had such strong defences, they never even knew they had come into contact with it. Such a dangerous virus

We already know Covid doesn't make that age group ill.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.
I imagine you are trying to use the argument that since Covid doesn't affect a particular age group, it can't be dangerous.........I think you might be able to appreciate the error in that.

I am going to throw the MSM a bit of a bone, I don't think they deliberately lied, but I do think they pushed a fearmongering agenda in order to create hysteria with the information they did have and failed to hold the government to account (as have MP's)

Now you are just being silly.
seriously where is this hysteria?

All I see is people doing what they can to mitigate risk by following social distancing and infection control.....doing simple things to mitigate risk, however small, seems just sensible.

there are people demonstrating because they dont want to wear a mask -those people are suffering hysteria.
there are some people who claim covid is no worse than flu, despite lots of evidence to the contrary -those people are suffering hysteria.

An emotive subject, with equally emotive language. Acknowledging that anonymous forums are an ideal way for folk to manage emotion, particularly where their view diverges from the majority view, as here.

Stay safe whatever you view!

Anyone read the daily mail today?
It's a 6 mile drive for me to get one so won't bother.

Would you be able to give some examples of how it manifests itself.

I honestly haven't seen anything I could describe as hysterical.
Locking down the world because of a virus with a 99.4% survival rate is just one thing that comes to mind.

All I see is people doing what they can to mitigate risk by following social distancing and infection control.....doing simple things to mitigate risk, however small, seems just sensible.

West sussex, nice area .................. go to shiiite hole and have a look in a pub frequented by alcoholic clientele. this is the reason for the sweeping measures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back